Confidential, free and friendly healthcare is what you will find at the Richfield Health Resource Center (RHRC). This community resource is located within Richfield High School and is open to all children and youth who live in or attend school in Richfield, from birth to 21 years of age. No insurance is required for any youth in Richfield to receive care.
Not only does the RHRC provide accessible and equitable access to quality healthcare and mental health services, but it also supports the development of students' self-determination and decision-making in their own health care.
“Youth who receive regular physical and mental health care are better prepared to be successful students in school, and we have seen the impact in our amazing students!” said Rachael Lenmark, RHRC Coordinator. “As we work to reconnect the Richfield community with the RHRC after changes during the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain a steadfast resource for students to feel proud in taking care of their wellbeing.”
Students have felt the positive impact of the RHRC, especially from the Telemental Health NOW program available for students. Here are a few of their stories:
“Going into my senior year of high school, I wasn’t mentally prepared for even the simplest tasks that I had to accomplish throughout the day. At times I had felt that I had nowhere to turn to, nobody to rely on and no way of bettering myself. With my many difficulties that I have been dealing with, the Richfield Health Resource Center was quick to come to my aid. I was someone who had zero experience with therapy, and had no idea what to expect. But now I can say that I am more than comfortable with coming in, and can always expect a kind and warm welcome. Overall the Health Resource Center has improved my health and wellness in many ways. From learning new ways to cope with anxiety, to just being able to rely on someone to talk to when I feel isolated. With the friendly and courteous people of the Health Center, it is now so much easier to come into school, and do my everyday routine.”
“The Health Resource Center has impacted my life tremendously. I get a lot of helpful resources and support from the center. For example, being able to be a part of the Telehealth program, receiving help from my therapist in a safe and trusting environment. I am so thankful for the Health Resource Center for giving me the support and help that I needed. Especially thankful for the center being very convenient since it is in the Richfield High School. I feel mentally stable and comfortable with who I am as a person because of the Health Resource Center and how they make me feel safe ever since my freshman year, when I would get checked up in the clinic. I love going there for my check-ups or any quick health scares because I feel like they know me very well and they listen to my worries and make me feel comfortable and do not judge me. So thank you!”
We are grateful to our community partners who make it possible to support students through the Richfield Health Resource Center. The RHRC is currently open every Wednesday from 1-5 p.m. More information is available on the RHRC web page.
- Medical services, including acute care, medications, vaccinations, sports physicals, sexual health care, mental health care, substance use services and vision services, are available at the RHRC. All children and youth who live in or attend school in Richfield (from birth to 21 years of age) are eligible for this free service. Walk-in appointments are available.
- Community members can also receive dental care through Children’s Dental Services, including exams, cleaning, fillings and more. All forms of insurance are accepted, and those who are uninsured will be billed on a sliding fee based on income. No one is turned away for services for inability to pay. Anyone age 0-26, and pregnant women of any age, are eligible for this service. Dental services are available the third Thursday of every month from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Appointments are made by calling 612-746-1530.
- Insurance and affordable healthcare navigation through Portico Healthnet is available for anyone. Make an appointment to get help with finding, applying for and keeping health insurance by calling 651-489-2273.
- 612-798-6020 (During open hours)
Richfield High School, room 186
Enter through door #13A
7001 Harriet Ave. S.
Richfield, MN, 55423
The Richfield Health Resource Center is located through door 13A at Richfield High School. Do not enter the high school through the mail entrance.
Richfield Health Resource Center Parking
- The parking lot is located on 70th Street and Pleasant Avenue, next to the railroad tracks and the athletics field. There is a red sign at the entrance to the parking lot that says "Richfield Health Resource Center."
- Parking spots are reserved for patients visiting the Richfield Health Resource Center.
- The entrance is located at door 13A at the far end of the parking lot.